Setting up HDHomeRun DVR
- Purchase the HDHomeRun DVR from the Silicondust Shop site. The HDHomeRun DVR support current generation HDHomeRun tuners and are based on per household. Multiple HDHomeRun tuners are supported, signal types can also be mixed (for example, OTA + CABLE)
- You will be emailed a purchase receipt with an activation code and link to activate your HDHomeRun.
- Launch HDHomeRun Setup
- Click on the DVR tab, enable “Use this PC for making recordings.”
- If you plan on setting recordings to a NAS box – see NAS drive instructions
Using the HDHomeRun App
- Launch the HDHomeRun app to start watching TV (if you are on Windows 7 or 8.1 you can use your machine to save recordings; for playback you will need to install Kodi as a software client).
- Click or tap on the screen to bring up the user interface
- Channel Slice – select a channel on the channel list, use the left/right arrows or drag the channel to the left to enable Channel Slice. DVR users will have access to 14 days.
- DVR Users – click the DVR Menu icon on the far right of the on-screen-display (or press Escape) to get to the DVR main menu.
- To open settings use a mouse point to hover over the top left area of TV screen to reveal a “hamburger” button.
Action Bar and Keyboard Shortcuts:
- Left or Left arrow key : ~10 second rewind
- Down arrow key: rewind 10 mins
- Play/Pause: or space bar
- Right or Right arrow key: ~30 second seek forward
- Up arrow key: seek forward 10 mins
- SAP: Secondary audio programming
- CC: Closed caption (subtitles)
- DVR menu: or ESC key
- If your keyboard has dedicated multimedia keys, these will also work
- If you’re having problems activating your HDHomeRun try a different browser, recommend Chrome or Firefox.
- The HDHomeRun app and HDHomeRun DVR are cloud-assisted. Both the HDHomeRun and HDHomeRun DVR will require internet access.
- “Where are recordings saved?” The default directory for recordings is:
- “Connect to local network via WiFi or Ethernet cable” Make sure your PC is connected to your local area network.
- “No Channels Detected” If you haven’t done so already, run a channel scan from the HDHomeRun Device Webpage by opening my.hdhomerun.com. Click on the “channels” line in the Tuner info box in the upper portion of the screen. Click on the Detect Channels button on the Channels Lineup report.
- “Firmware update is needed” Install the HDHomeRun Software on a Windows or Mac machine this will update the firmware on your HDHomeRun.