Installing the HDHomeRun App
- If you are using Windows 7 or 8.1
- Download and install the “HDHomeRun” client app from the Windows App Store on your pc, phone or tablet.
- If you are using an HDHomeRun PRIME tuner with CableCARD and have channels that use Digital Rights Management settings make sure you are running Windows 10 Creators Edition.
Using the HDHomeRun App
- Launch the HDHomeRun app to start watching TV
- Click or tap on the screen to bring up the user interface
- Channel Slice – select a channel on the channel list, use the left/right arrows or drag the channel to the left to enable Channel Slice. Non-DVR subscribers will have access to 24 hours of guide data. DVR subscribers will have access to 14 days.
- DVR Subscribers – click the DVR Menu icon on the far right of the on-screen-display (or press Escape) to get to the DVR main menu.
- To open settings use a mouse point to hover over the top left area of TV screen to reveal a “hamburger” button. Put mouse on it and click or tap with finger.
Action Bar and Keyboard Shortcuts:
- Left or Left arrow key : ~10 second rewind
- Down arrow key: rewind 10 mins
- Play/Pause: or space bar
- Right or Right arrow key: ~30 second seek forward
- Up arrow key: seek forward 10 mins
- SAP: Secondary audio programming
- CC: Closed caption (subtitles)
- DVR menu: or ESC key
- If your keyboard has dedicated multimedia keys, these will also work
Purchase the HDHomeRun DVR from the Silicondust shop site. The HDHomeRun DVR supports current generation HDHomeRun tuners. Multiple HDHomeRun tuners are supported, signal types can also be mixed (for example, OTA + CABLE)
- “Connect to local network via WiFi or Ethernet cable” Make sure your PC is connected to your local area network.
- “No Channels Detected” If you haven’t done so already, run a channel scan from the HDHomeRun Device Webpage by opening my.hdhomerun.com. Click on the “channels” line in the Tuner info box in the upper portion of the screen. Click on the Detect Channels button on the Channels Lineup report.
- “Firmware update is needed” Install the HDHomeRun Software on a Windows or Mac machine this will update the firmware on your HDHomeRun.