- Go to the Video menu, select HDHomeRun DMS, then either Channels or Favorites, then the channel you wish to view.
- If you haven’t done so already, go to http://my.hdhomerun.com, click the channels link and run a channel scan.
- Make sure you have the latest HDHomeRun Software installed (this will also update the firmware on your HDHomeRun)
Selecting favorite channels
To add channels to favorites go to http://my.hdhomerun.com, click on the channels link, and tick the star beside the desired channel(s).
Configuring PlayStation 3 to play protected channels
If you are using HDHomeRun PRIME with protected channels you will need to enable DTCP-IP support in order to play protected channels:
- Under the Settings menu, select System Settings, then Enable DTCP-IP.
- In the Settings menu, select System Settings.
- Under the System menu, select Network Settings.
- Select Media Server Connection and set to Enabled.
- “PS3 does not find my HDHomeRun” Make sure your Ps3 and HDHomeRun are connected to the same local area network.
- “No Channels Detected” If you haven’t done so already, run a channel scan from the HDHomeRun Device Webpage by opening my.hdhomerun.com. Click on the “channels” line in the Tuner info box in the upper portion of the screen. Click on the Detect Channels button on the Channels Lineup report.
- “How do I update firmware?” Install the HDHomeRun Software on a Windows or Mac PC this will update the firmware on your HDHomeRun.