If you have a Windows PC, run NAS Install.
- Download and install the HDHomeRun software
- Create a share folder on the NAS titled HDHomeRun
- Enable SSH on your NAS device, most NAS boxes will have a setting option under Settings, Network, and enable SSH.
- Depending on the model, you maybe asked to set a SSH password. Please note, this is different from your admin password
- Run HDHomeRun Setup, click on the DVR tab, then run NAS Install, select the NAS drive. NAS Install will configure the NAS for recordings and report success
Mac and Linux will require manual install. See link