Installing the HDHomeRun App
- Install the HDHomeRun app from iTunes
Using the HDHomeRun App
- Launch the HDHomeRun app to start watching TV
- Tap on the screen to bring up the UI
- Channel Slice – select a channel on the channel list, use the left/right arrows or drag the channel to the left to enable Channel Slice. Non-DVR subscribers will have access to 24 hours of guide data. DVR subscribers will have access to 14 days.
- DVR Subscribers – click the menu icon on the far right of the Action Bar to get to the DVR main menu.
- Left: ~10 second rewind
- Right: ~30 second seek forward
- SAP: Secondary audio programming
- CC: Closed captioning (subtitles)
- DVR menu
Purchase the HDHomeRun DVR from the Silicondust shop site. The HDHomeRun DVR supports current generation HDHomeRun tuners. Multiple HDHomeRun tuners are supported, signal types can also be mixed (for example, OTA + CABLE)
- “Connect to local network via WiFi or Ethernet cable” Make sure your iOS device is connected to your local area network.
- “No Channels Detected” If you haven’t done so already, run a channel scan from the HDHomeRun Device Webpage by opening my.hdhomerun.com. Click on the “channels” line in the Tuner info box in the upper portion of the screen. Click on the Detect Channels button on the Channels Lineup report.
- “Firmware update is needed” Install the HDHomeRun Software on a Windows or Mac machine this will update the firmware on your HDHomeRun.