Installing the HDHomeRun App
Using the HDHomeRun App
- Launch the HDHomeRun app to start watching TV
- Click or tap on the screen to bring up the UI
- Channel Slice – select a channel on the channel list, use the left/right arrows or drag the channel to the left to enable Channel Slice. Non-DVR subscribers will have access to 24 hours of guide data. DVR subscribers will have access to 14 days
- DVR Subscribers – click the DVR Menu icon on the far right of the Action Bar to get to the DVR main menu or tap back
Action Bar and Remote:
- Left: ~10 second rewind
- Down: on your remote will rewind 10 mins
- Play/Pause: or use enter on the remote to play/pause
- Right: ~30 second seek forward
- Up: on your remote will seek forward 10 mins
- SAP: Secondary audio programming
- CC: Closed caption (subtitles)
- DVR menu: or use the back button on the remote
Purchase the HDHomeRun DVR from the Silicondust shop site. The HDHomeRun DVR supports current generation HDHomeRun tuners. Multiple HDHomeRun tuners are supported, signal types can also be mixed (for example, OTA + CABLE)
Record to an Android device
See Nvidia Shield instructions
- “Connect to local network via WiFi or Ethernet cable” Make sure your Android device is connected to your local area network.
- “No Channels Detected” If you haven’t done so already, run a channel scan from the HDHomeRun Device Webpage by opening my.hdhomerun.com. Click on the “channels” line in the Tuner info box in the upper portion of the screen. Click on the Detect Channels button on the Channels Lineup report.
- “Firmware update is needed” Install the HDHomeRun Software on a Windows or Mac machine this will update the firmware on your HDHomeRun.