Using the HDHomeRun View App
- Launch the HDHomeRun View app to start watching TV
- Click or tap on the screen to bring up the user interface
- Channel Slice – select a channel on the channel list, use the left/right arrows or drag the channel to the left to enable Channel Slice. It will provide access to 24 hours of guide data
- DVR Subscribers – on Windows 7 or 8.1 you can use your machine to save recordings; for playback you will need to install Kodi and the HDHomeRun addon as a software client
- Volume Up/Down
- If your keyboard has dedicated multimedia keys, these will also work
- “Connect to local network via WiFi or Ethernet cable” Make sure your PC is connected to your local area network.
- “No Channels Detected” If you haven’t done so already, run a channel scan from the HDHomeRun Device Webpage by opening my.hdhomerun.com. Click on the “channels” line in the Tuner info box in the upper portion of the screen. Click on the Detect Channels button on the Channels Lineup report.
- “Firmware update is needed” Install the HDHomeRun Software on a Windows or Mac machine this will update the firmware on your HDHomeRun.