Supports all model Western Digital My Cloud NAS devices.
- Purchase an HDHomeRun DVR subscription from the Silicondust Shop site. DVR subscriptions support current generation HDHomeRun tuners, subscriptions are based on per household. Multiple HDHomeRun tuners are supported, signal types can also be mixed (for example, OTA + CABLE)
- You will be emailed a purchase receipt with an activation code and link to activate your HDHomeRun. If you’re having problems activating your HDHomeRun try a different browser, recommend Chrome or Firefox
My Cloud App
Not all My Cloud models support apps. For more info.
- Download and install the HDHomeRun DVR app from the My Cloud app store
- Wait approximately 2 minutes then check the my.hdhomerun.com, it should report the Record Engine
If you have a Windows PC you’ll have the option to run NAS Install.
- Download and install the HDHomeRun software
- From the My Cloud devices webpage create a share folder titled HDHomeRun
- Go to Settings, Network, and enable SSH on your My Cloud device
- Depending on the model, you maybe asked to set a SSH password. Please note, this is different from your admin password
- Run HDHomeRun Setup, click on the DVR tab, then run NAS Install, select the NAS drive. NAS Install will configure the NAS for recordings and report success