- HDHomeRun PRIME (HDHR3-CC)
- HDHomeRun CONNECT (HDHR4-2US/2DT)
- HDHomeRun EXTEND (HDTC-2US)
- HDHomeRun EXPAND (HDHR3-4DC)
Playstation 3 - Usage
Go to the Video menu, select HDHomeRun DMS xxxxxxxx, then either Channels or Favorites, then the channel you wish to view.
Selecting favorite channels
To add channels to favorites go to the Channel Lineup webpage of your HDHomeRun and tick the star beside the desired channels.
Configuring PlayStation 3 to play protected channels
If you are using HDHomeRun PRIME with protected channels you will need to enable DTCP-IP support in order to play protected channels:
- Under the Settings menu, select System Settings, then Enable DTCP-IP.
- In the Settings menu, select System Settings.
- Under the System menu, select Network Settings.
- Select Media Server Connection and set to Enabled.
HDHomeRun Not Found
- Make sure that you are using an HDHomeRun model that supports DLNA (see Supported Hardware section).
- If you have a Windows computer available, make sure that you do not get an error message referencing UPnP when opening HDHomeRun Setup. If you do, follow the instructions on the linked page to resolve the issue.
- If you have multiple DLNA devices on the network, the PS3 may have problems discovering all of them, reporting a network error. There is no known fix for this. The workaround would be to disable or disconnect some of the devices.
Poor performance over wireless
The wireless network hardware in the PS3 only supports 802.11g. This technology does not have sufficient capacity to reliably deliver HD video. Use a wired network instead. If wireless must be used, consider using a wireless bridge or gaming adapter, which would connect to the ethernet port on the PS3 and then to your wireless network using a faster technology such as 802.11n or 802.11ac.