Installing the HDHomeRun Software
- Download and install the HDHomeRun software (installing the latest software release will also update the firmware on the HDHomeRun).
- This will also install the HDHomeRun app on your Mac PC.
Using the HDHomeRun App
- Launch the HDHomeRun app to start watching TV
- Click on the screen to bring up the user interface
- Channel Slice – select a channel on the channel list, use the left/right arrows or drag the channel to the left to enable Channel Slice. Non-DVR subscribers will have access to 24 hours of guide data. DVR subscribers will have access to 14 days.
- DVR Subscribers – click the DVR Menu icon on the far right of the on-screen-display (or press Escape) to get to the DVR main menu.
Action Bar and Keyboard Shortcuts:
- Left or Left arrow key : ~10 second rewind
- Down arrow key: rewind 10 mins
- Play/Pause: or space bar
- Right or Right arrow key: ~30 second seek forward
- Up arrow key: seek forward 10 mins
- SAP: Secondary audio programming
- CC: Closed caption (subtitles)
- DVR menu: or ESC key
- If your keyboard has dedicated multimedia keys, these will also work
- Purchase the HDHomeRun DVR from the Silicondust shop site. The HDHomeRun DVR supports current generation HDHomeRun tuners. Multiple HDHomeRun tuners are supported, signal types can also be mixed (for example, OTA + CABLE)
- “Connect to local network via WiFi or Ethernet cable” Make sure your OSX devic is connected to your local area network.
- “No Channels Detected” If you haven’t done so already, run a channel scan from the HDHomeRun Device Webpage by opening my.hdhomerun.com. Click on the “channels” line in the Tuner info box in the upper portion of the screen. Click on the Detect Channels button on the Channels Lineup report.
- “Firmware update is needed” Install the HDHomeRun Software on a Windows or Mac machine this will update the firmware on your HDHomeRun.