- Download and install the HDHomeRun app from Google Play
- If you haven’t done so already, run a channel scan from the HDHomeRun Device Webpage
- Purchase an HDHomeRun DVR subscription from the Silicondust Shop site. DVR subscriptions support current generation HDHomeRun tuners, subscriptions are based on per household. Multiple HDHomeRun tuners are supported, signal types can also be mixed (for example, OTA + CABLE)
- You will be emailed a purchase receipt with an activation code and link to activate your HDHomeRun. If you’re having problems activating your HDHomeRun try a different browser, recommend Chrome or Firefox
- The HDHomeRun Android app will access recordings from a NAS or PC
Using the HDHomeRun App
- Launch the HDHomeRun app to start watching TV
- Click or tap on the screen to bring up the user interface
- Channel Slice – select a channel on the channel list, use the left/right arrows or drag the channel to the left to enable Channel Slice. Non-DVR subscribers will have access to 4 hours of guide data. DVR subscribers will have access to 14 days.
- DVR Subscribers – click the menu icon on the far right of the on-screen-display (or press Back) to get to the DVR main menu.
- Pause: Enter or select button
- Left: ~10 second rewind
- Right: ~30 second seek forward
- Up: 10 minute forward
- Down: 10 minute rewind
- Back: access DVR main menu